BC High School Boys Volleyball Commission
Scholarship Application Eligibility and Rules
BC High School Boys Volleyball Commission is pleased to award scholarships annually to support student-athletes as they pursue post-secondary education. The number of scholarships handed out may vary from year to year.
Eligibility: This scholarship competition is open to male volleyball players who are currently enrolled as full-time students in Grade 12.
Specific qualifications for recipients are:
- Proceeding from Grade 12 to a post-secondary institution
- Under 19 years of age as of January 1st of the current application year
- A minimum 75% average in courses in which the athlete is currently enrolled
- Demonstration of good citizenship and leadership
- A member in good standing of the school’s Senior Boys’ Volleyball Team
- All applicants must follow the scholarship application process. The BC High School Boys Volleyball Scholarship Selection Committee reserves the right to forego processing any applications for applicants who do not follow the instructions outlined in the “Instructions” section.
- Funds will be withheld until such time as the recipient provides proof of payment of tuition and enrolment at a post-secondary institution.
- A scholarship that is awarded, but not availed of within 2 years of the award winner’s high school graduation year will be deemed to be null and void. The aforementioned scholarship award will be then awarded to a new candidate the following year.
Selection of winners:
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee. Successful recipients will be contacted by April 30, 2017.
E-mail this application form and supporting documents to: email@example.com Title the email “Scholarship Application.”
Application Deadline: January 31, 2017
Your application for a scholarship must include:
- completed application form
- letter of application
- letter of recommendation
- a copy of your most recent report card or official transcript
Letter of Application
Write a formal letter of application to the scholarship committee. Address your letter to “BC High School Boys Volleyball Scholarship Selection Committee”. Include the following:
- future educational and athletic goals;
- involvement in school and community activities;
- volleyball achievements;
- one or more examples where you have shown leadership as a member of your high school team, your activities at school or in the community.
Your letter of application should be 1 page in length and should be well written.
Note: It is important that you compose your application letter without the assistance of others. The committee wants to hear from YOU.
Letter of Recommendation
Carefully consider who you ask to write your letter of recommendation. It is important that the person providing the recommendation has a good understanding of your academic history, interests, goals, and direction and ….
- can provide a well-written letter
- knows you well enough to be credible
- thinks highly of you and your abilities
- holds a respected position
Proof of Academic Achievement
Submit a copy of your most recent report card or official transcript with your application.
|First Name||Last Name|
|Postal Code||Cell #|
|Email address||Home #|
|Name of School||School #|
|Head Coach||Coach Email|
|Name of Principal|
I, the Principal, certify that the above student is a suitable candidate (scholastic, citizenship and leadership) for a scholarship from BC High School Boys’ Volleyball.
Signature of Principal: _______________________ Date: ______________________
I, the Applicant, give my permission for the information contained in this application to be used by the BC High School Boys’ Volleyball Scholarship Selection Committee in consideration for a scholarship award.
Signature of Applicant: ________________________ Date: ______________________
- Application Form with signatures
- Most recent report card
- Your letter of application
- A letter of recommendation
Once you have all your information together, create a folder and email to firstname.lastname@example.org Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.